Santa Monica, CA’s Most Trusted Juvederm Center
Juvederm lip injections (JUVÉDERM®) are one of the most successful ways to smooth out wrinkles and give your skin a fresher, more youthful look and feel. At Skin Med Spa in Santa Monica, Juvederm Injections are a popular treatment and is administered by our experienced Registered Nurses. Using a clear injectable gel of hyaluronic acid, the specialists at Skin Med Spa can fill in creases, diminish lines, alleviate wrinkles and any other imperfections that may be making you look older than you would like.
From giving lips a fuller appearance to filling in the lines that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth, there are a variety of cosmetic uses for Juvederm injections. You will notice immediate results after your first Juvederm injection thanks to the Hylacross technology used in all Juvederm products. This cushioning technique immediately improves the look and texture of aged or otherwise wrinkled skin. Thin lips are another common sign of aging that usually are treated with injections to give a plump, full look to the lips and smooth out the appearance of fine lines.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a filler unlike other facial fillers as it uses hyaluronic acid to plump skin instead of collagen. Since hyaluronic acid is naturally found in your body and it’s created with biosynthesis in a lab, patients don’t need to take allergy tests before treatment. Hyaluronic acid is a complex sugar that helps boost the elasticity of the skin, offering a supple, smooth appearance.
Juvederm Ultra XC
- An FDA-approved product and used as both cheek and lip augmentation. It is a gel-like filler that is used to remove nasolabial folds, or “smile lines.” It can also remove creases in the skin which run from the corners of the nose and mouth. Although Juvederms prime use is to help moderate to severe facial wrinkles, it is also known for treating acne scars. Juvederm Ultra XC is the regular filler that’s used for fine lines and mild wrinkles.
Juvederm Ultra Plus XC
- This facial filler corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles marionette lines, lip augmentation and more. This is one of the best nonsurgical treatments that contains a modified version of hyaluronic acid. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC helps treat deeper wrinkles and facial folds, and the effects of this treatment often last longer.
Juvederm Voluma XC
- VOLUMA® XC injectables treat aging in the face and used for lip augmentation and cheek augmentation. It has the ability to correct age-related volume deficits in the mid-face in adults.
Benefits of Juvederm
- 1 Smooths Parentheses Lines and Folds – Skin loses elasticity over time, resulting in wrinkles around the nose and mouth and parentheses lines. When used on wrinkles around the mouth and nose and parentheses lines, most patients see instant smoothing to the area, since Juvederm adds volume, offering long-lasting results.
- 2 – Plumps Lips and Smooths Vertical Lines – Lips often begin to thin over time, and vertical lip lines often become more noticeable with age. Juvederm can plump lips, adding fullness, while also softening the appearance of those vertical lip lines.
- 3 – Lifts and Contours Cheeks – Aging often results in volume loss in the cheeks, resulting to sagging, flatter cheeks. This age-related midface volume loss can be treated with Juvederm, which will add volume beneath the surface of the skin, contouring and lifting the cheek area.
How Long Does Juvederm Last?
Juvederm is a temporary filler that usually lasts from nine months to a full year after the first injection. However, results can vary from patient to patient and depending on the area treated with Juvederm. When used on the cheeks, results usually last for two years, and when patients undergo treatment again, they usually don’t need as much product to get the results they want. Depending on the specific type of Juvederm used (Juvederm Ultra XC or Juvederm ultra plus), parenthese lines and folds can be smoothed and softened anywehre between a year and 18 months. Juvederm is filled with hyaluronic acid rather than collagens and fats, the results can to last significantly longer than traditional lip injections.
Juvederm treatment is not a surgical treatment, and depending on the area of the face being treatment, injections take between 15-60 minutes to complete, so you’re back on your feet and enjoying gorgeous Santa Monica in no time. After your treatment, you’ll be asked to avoid massaging or touching the area injected for several days, and you’ll also need to avoid unnecessary exposure to sun, heat, and cold. It’s especially important to make sure you wear sunscreen after treatment. Some patients do experience some mild pain, tenderness, and redness around the injection sites, but these problems generally go away in a couple days.
Juvederm Cost and Procedures
Juvederm can be safely administered in medical spa facilities such as the Skin Med Spa Santa Monica location. The injected materials help the skin temporarily retain water in the treated area, giving a fuller and smoother appearance to the forehead, cheeks, nasolabial folds and mouth. Juvederm Voluma is a specialized beauty spa treatment that is designed to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and the loss of volume in the cheeks that is associated with the aging process.
Juvederm Before And After
Juvederm before and after photos make it clear what a significant difference these filler products make. Whether you have mild wrinkles, lips that lack volume or severe lines and wrinkles caused by aging, there is a Juvederm filler that can help restore your skin’s youthful appearance.
Skin Med Spa Santa Monica offers the highest level of expertise when it comes to cosmetic procedures. Each Juvederm procedure is completed by a credentialed and knowledgeable professional.
What Causes Wrinkles?
As we grow older, our skin becomes thinner. The cells of the dermis divide more slowly, which delays the body’s own method of repairing itself and building new skin cells. Without a constant replenishment of younger smoother skin cells, your face begins to look more haggard. Wrinkles, fine lines and creases begin to show. Making matters worse, aging skin loses its elasticity. This keeps fat reserves from filling in gaps within the skin, making it sag and appear sunken. Without help, you will begin to show your age. So what can you do?
We all age and consequentially, so does our skin. Unfortunately our skin often ages faster than our mind and spirit, which leaves us looking much older than we feel. Eventually they will make an appearance on your face.
What You Can Expect from A Juvederm Procedure