Botox For Men
Many people who are new to the wonders of Botox mistakenly believe that this treatment is the exclusive purview of women. However, as they age, men are subject to the appearance of “crow’s feet,” fine lines & wrinkles, and frown lines, too.
In the 21st century, many men are concerned about their skin care as much as most women. This concern also is not confined to business executives who often appear on podiums to deliver speeches or those executives who frequently appear on TV. Botox® treatments also have become popular with blue collar men, such as electricians, carpenters, and plumbers.
Male celebrities have been using Botox® treatments for years to look younger, devoid of fine lines and crow’s feet. However, skin care for men also has moved to center stage for many non-celebrities. Why? Men also realize that cosmetic expressions of looking younger is just as fulfilling as it is for women. Looking and feeling younger is a motivator for the renewed focus on physical fitness and minimizing age lines.
Botox® is the common abbreviation for botulinum toxin. Available for patients at top cosmetic medical practices and physician-controlled spas, such as Skin Med Spa, Botox® treatments are not do-it-yourself (DIY) solutions for smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. They are physician-supervised treatments of the specific facial muscles that, over time, create produce these telltale wrinkles, typically signs of aging skin.
Botox® treatments help cosmetic patients “turn back the clock” with procedures involving Botox injections. These non-surgical procedures are popular with both men and women because they WORK!
While these treatments technically are temporary solutions to frown lines and wrinkles that appear after years of repeated facial muscle contractions, typically from frowning and/or squinting. Along with these repeated muscle contractions, your skin loses over 50 percent of the natural components of younger skin. Botox® injections minimize frown lines, wrinkles, and crow’s feet in around 10 days after treatment.
What is Botox?
Botox®, as noted above, is the popular name of the bacterial toxin botulin. Botox® is a physician-supervised non-surgical medical procedure to temporarily paralyze the facial muscles that cause wrinkles.
Clostridium botulinum is the organism used in the manufacture of Botox®. It’s commonly found in its inactive condition in natural earth environments, such as forests, lake sediments, and coastal waters. The bacterium also is often encountered in the intestinal organs of both mammals, fish, and various species of shellfish. Usually when it’s found.
The bacteria is harmless, unless it morphs into cells, which produce the botulinum toxin, which in large doses in harmful to humans, which react to the neurotoxin by preventing humans’ neurons from communicating properly.
Botox®, however, is safe for men and other humans when trained physicians administer this treatment to minimize and smooth facial fine lines and wrinkles. This substance remains in big demand from men and women who want to eliminate crow’s feet, frown lines, and other age-induced wrinkles.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox® for men works identically as it does for women or any human. It temporarily paralyzes the muscles that generate skin wrinkles that appear on aging skin. Although Botox® is the drug made from the same bacteria that causes botulism, your cosmetic physician uses this neurotoxin in very small doses to treat and, hopefully, eliminate your troubling facial wrinkles.
Instead of infusing large doses of this toxin, your physician injects much smaller doses, which has proven to be a valuable therapeutic protein to temporarily remove and/or smooth facial wrinkles. Using extremely small doses, your physician keeps you safe, while preventing signals from nerve cells from instructing your facial muscles to contract.
Best Place To Buy Botox
Men have overcome the historical unwritten prohibition from focusing on their skin care. Men visit top cosmetic medical practices, such as Skin Med Spa, in record numbers to buy Botox® treatments from experienced medical personnel.
Men now care about their aging-skin wrinkles and their formerly “distinguished” gray hair like never before. They appreciate that Botox® treatments only take up to 72 hours (three days) to make a visual difference in the absence of fine lines and wrinkles. Only those men (few) who have suffered allergic reactions to Botox® or its ingredients should use this drug with care and input from their cosmetic physician.
Only licensed doctors, including those MDs, Dos, and DMDs, are permitted to purchase Botox® directly from the manufacturer (Allergan). Depending on your state medical board rules, a physician’s assistant (PA) or nurse also may administer the Botox® treatment, under physician supervision.
Since only a physician (or PA or nurse, if local medical boards permit it) may apply Botox® treatments to men or women, you will enjoy the confidence in the success of your treatments. It’s important that you have confidence in your cosmetic physician, such as the medical professionals at Skin Med Spa, to purchase and administer Botox® treatments safely and successfully.
Benefits of Using Botox®
The benefits of having Botox® treatments are many, the downsides few. Among the advantages of Botox® treatments for men are the following items.
- They are safe and effective.Experienced cosmetic physicians know that Botox® treatments are both safe for you and effective in smoothing or eliminating the disturbing wrinkles that appear on your facial skin as you get older. While the toxin (the active ingredient) if administered in large doses can be harmful to humans, Botox® has been specifically formulated by the manufacturer (Allergan) to be perfectly safe for men and other humans when administered by experienced medical professionals.
- Often reverses the effects of air pollution, sun exposure, and age-induced facial frown lines, crow’s feet, and most wrinkles.Air pollution, consistent overexposure to the sun, and simple aging processes can ravage your skin over time. Botox® typically reverses those damaging effects when administered properly by physicians. As men get older, they lose much of the natural skin proteins their bodies produced when they were younger. Botox® treatments replenish many proteins lost as men get older. Botox® also relaxes the facial muscles that contract to produce the fine lines and wrinkles that appear as men age.
- Although this is a “temporary” solution, successful Botox® treatments typically last three to five months.Although Botox® is not a permanent solution to the appearance of disturbing age-induced frown lines and other wrinkles, Botox® treatments are effective for around three to five months after each treatment. You can witness the dramatic difference when you see the “before” and “after” photos of actual patients. You’ll see the dramatic smoothing or elimination of troubling lines and wrinkles that impact your skin as you get older. What better way to illustrate the advantages of Botox®? Men will enjoy the results just as women always do.
- This non-surgical solution is affordable for most men.Botox® treatments are affordable non-surgical methods to make men’s wrinkles disappear, as they do for women. Unlike the cost of some cosmetic surgical procedures, Botox® treatments are more affordable to men than some surgical alternatives. Men typically are pleased to learn about the affordability of Botox® treatments. Even if you require more Botox® treatments in the future, you will appreciate their affordability as most women do.
- Botox® also tackles moderate to severe lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines between your eyebrows successfully.
Botox® is not effective for only minor effects on your aging facial skin. This drug handles moderate to severe wrinkles as well. While starting Botox® treatments when you are younger (say, when you are still in your 40s) can be beneficial, this drug also can overcome more moderate and severe unwanted lines, when you’re older. Since the appearance of fine lines and facial wrinkles become more pronounced on untreated skin as you age, Botox® will still be effective if you wait until your wrinkles become deeper and more noticeable.
Botox® treatments for men are becoming more popular for men who care about healthy skin as much as women. Since societal mores have changed in the past decade, more men focus on their skin condition than any period in history.
This non-surgical, safe drug is as effective on men as it is on women’s facial skin. Although the toxin in Botox® can be harmful to humans if too much is infused, Botox® is formulated to be as safe for men as it is for women.
Unless male or female patients are allergic to the ingredients, there should be no worries for patients opting for Botox® treatments. This includes no worries about the drug safety or the dramatic results you’ll witness in your skin.
While new products often appear on the market, Botox still remains the best-known brand of injectables for more youthful and resilient skin. Botox is short for “botulinum toxin”, which is a natural and purified protein that, when injected into the skin, blocks the nerve signals that tell your muscles to contract. Not only can it reduce frown lines and wrinkles by temporarily relaxing facial muscles, Botox injections have been approved by the FDA to treat ailments such as excessive sweating, chronic migraine headaches, and muscle stiffness.
Botox & Fillers for Men
Men who desire a fresh, healthy appearance with no down time for recovery seek injectable treatments such as Botox. At Skin Med Spa, we offer a variety of treatments that help men reduce the look of stress and worry that may appear after many years of squinting, frowning, or even smiling. Our treatments for men include:
- Botox Injections – The number of men who utilize Botox injections for younger looking skin has increased dramatically in recent years, especially in the Los Angeles area. Many men have realized the benefits healthy skin can also extend into the workplace. Those who exude confidence and vitality are well respected not only at home but also at work. Our method of Botox injections is conservative and non-invasive. There is very little pain involved and our clients are able to return to normal activity within minutes of an injection.
- Male Lip Enhancement – Dermal fillers can add distinction to a man’s lips. They add fullness back to lips depleted from years of smiling and frowning. They also restore a healthy appearance by filling in lines caused by smoking. More and more men have realized that these treatments are not only for women.
- Enhancement of Chin and Jawlines – A prominent chin and jawline is the epitome of masculinity, however, sagging jawlines often come with age for men. And unfortunately, diet and exercise alone cannot typically combat these issues. This can impact the self-esteem of even the most confident man. Fortunately, Botox and dermal fillers can restore an angular, chiseled face by smoothing nasolabial folds and reducing visible jowls.
Why Choose Skin Med Spa
Of course, you want to choose a place that you can trust for your Botox injections and dermal fillers. At Skin Med Spa, we are committed to excellence. That is why your injections are administered exclusively by a highly skilled, board certified physician. Our upscale facility and experienced cosmetic specialists ensure that your experience leaves you refreshed, confident, and ready to move on with your day. Contact us to schedule your FREE Consultation today.